StandbyMP will revolutionize how organizations manage DR enterprise-wide by making the same Gold Standard of DR available to both Oracle SE and MS SQL Server users - all from a single common user interface.
Gold Standard Disaster Recovery for SQL Server
Create and manage a standby database that's always available and ready to take over the moment you need it
StandbyMP enables fast and efficient creation, management and activation of resilient standby environments. All from an intuitive GUI, CLI or API.
Truly satisfied customers
We are DR Specialists. Delivering DBAs a great customer experience.
Why? Our software is reliable, intuitive, and supported by real DBAs.
With 1600+ customers in 120 countries and a renewal rate of 95% you are in good hands.
We have over 96% customer satisfaction because our software is built by DBAs for DBAs. We understand the need for precision and reliability.
Countries use StandbyMP
Worldwide, between our Oracle and SQL Server customers, thousands of businesses trust and rely on us for their Disaster Recovery needs.
95% of customers renew their subscription due to the reliability, usability, performance and support of StandbyMP.
100% DR Experts
We are the Database DR experts. We are not generalists, we are unashamedly specialized and 100% focused on doing DR right.
Overcome AG and Log Shipping challenges
Remove the restrictions of Asynchronous Basic Availability Groups
Get Enterprise-class DR with all the key functionality of Enterprise AGs without the complexity or cost. StandbyMP removes the restrictions of Asynchronous Basic Availability Groups such as one database per AG, Forced failover, no login replication etc.
Get Enterprise-class DR in minutes, not months
Stuck manually managing a large Log Shipping environment? Migrating to AGs can be complex and time-consuming. There is a smarter approach. Get best practice DR with all the functionality of Enterprise AGs in minutes, not months using StandbyMP.
Enhanced tools, automation and functionality
Go beyond Log Shipping with advanced functionality, guided workflows, and one-click actions across multiple databases. Get all the functionality of Enterprise AGs while retaining the underlying Log Shipping architecture. This simplifies management and enables powerful new functionality.
Meet your goals. Protect your database.
Meet your RTO/RPO requirements and do more with zero-data-loss planned switchovers, read-only access and more.
Superior functionality and usability
See how you can go beyond the bundled Log Shipping and Basic Availability Group Disaster Recovery with Standby Multi Platform.
Comparison to Log Shipping
Built-in Log Shipping lacks the features modern DBAs expect, and can be challenging to maintain and troubleshoot. Get Enterprise-class DR with all the functionality of Enterprise AGs without the complexity or cost.
- Faster, more efficient creation: Create standby databases across multiple instances in just a few clicks.
- Improved functionality: Built-in pre-checks detect issues before configuration creation, not after, saving time and your patience!
- Automate Maintenance Tasks: Disaster Recovery must assist in maintenance, patching, and DR testing.
- Automate Failover: A fully-featured Observer utility that can automate failover, and run specific scripts after failover.
- Enhanced Usability: Streamlined and repeatable, StandyMP ensures any member of the team can initiate a failover as required while following best practice.
Comparison to Basic AGs
Meet your RTO/RPO requirements with a continuously verified standby database that is always available and ready to take over the moment you need it.
- Easy to implement with wide SQL Server version support and no requirement to set up clustering.
- Speed up with multi-database actions, guided workflows, and one-click actions.
- Simplify with automated standby creation, automated failover, and user replication.
- Do more with zero-data-loss planned switchovers, read-only access and more.
- Improve resilience with multiple standby databases and one-click issue resolutions.
- Remove complexity and risk by managing your DR from an intuitive central console.
Powerful features & functionality
Best practice Disaster Recovery for SQL Server.
The failover assistant enables one-click failover, triggered manually or automatically.
Great RPO & RTO
Recover from any event in just a few minutes, with a less than 3 minutes data loss.
Zero data loss planned switchovers enable easy migrations and testing.
Easy to configure on premise, hybrid, or in the cloud. Supporting Azure, AWS and private clouds.
Realtime monitoring with heartbeat notifications, status alerts, and log gap reports.
Automated resynchronization removes the risk of being unprotected as a manual rebuild is performed.
Make managing log shipping environments fast and efficient and get Enterprise DR on Standard Edition!
Wide Technology Support
StandbyMP supports SQL Server 2012~2022 and on Windows and Linux.
Application Failover & Custom Action Scripts.
Enable fast and consistent actions with application failover and custom action scripts.
How it works
A simple implementation consists of one primary database and one standby database.
- Creation: One or more standby databases are efficiently created.
- Synchronization: StandbyMP synchronizes the databases by compressing, sending, and applying logs to the standby(s). Frequency of log transmission can be set to meet your RPO objectives.
- Monitoring: Real-time monitoring identifies exceptions and sends alert notifications.
- Failover: Failover can be initiated automatically or with a single click. Database failover completes within a few minutes.
Compared: StandbyMP, AGs & Log Shipping
A 10 minute video overview of why StandbyMP is the smarter automated solution to DR compared to Basic AGs and Log Shipping.
A 2 minute overview of the core features of StandbyMP.
Learn more about the use cases and features of StandbyMP for SQL Server and Oracle
White paper: DR for SQL Server
A deep dive into achieving Gold Standard Disaster Recovery on SQL Server with StandbyMP
Case study: the right tools for the SQL Server DR job
When a global leader in power tools wanted a smarter alternative to manage Log Shipping on SQL Server SE databases, they turned to Dbvisit StandbyMP to get the job done right, avoiding the cost and challenges of moving to Enterprise Edition and Availability Groups.
Comparison: Log Shipping vs StandbyMP
SQL Server's Log Shipping is a proven method for creating a standby database. We look at how StandbyMP brings automation and ease of use to Log Shipping.
Comparison: StandbyMP vs Availability Groups on SQL Server
Alex, our Head of Development, gives an in-depth explanation of the differences and benefits of Standby MultiPlatform compared to Availability Groups on SQL Server.