Installing Standby v9 On Windows
Last week I took you through the process of how to install Standby™️ v9 on Linux. It is only fair to take you through the steps required to install Standby™️ v9 on Windows too.
The process of installing Standby™️ v9 on Windows is very simple. It is again extremely important to ensure the pre-requisites for Windows are met before attempting the installation.
Please review the System Requirements and Support Matrix sections to ensure you are running supported OS and Oracle Database versions for Standby™️ v9. It’s extremely important to look at the Network Connectivity requirements to ensure there is sufficient communication between the hosts. Another item to review is the Windows Environment Prerequisites section which focuses on User Account requirements amongst other things.
The Standby™️ Central Console (GUI) can be installed on its own server or VM, however in our example we will be installing the GUI on the Standby server. We will follow the high-level steps below to Install the Standby™️ v9 Core Components on both the Primary and Standby servers:
1. Download and Extract the software.
2. Start the Installer and Accept the License Agreement.
3. Select the components to be installed - add Dbvserver component on Standby host.
4. Select the Dbvisit Base installation location.
5. Provide the Windows User Account and Password.
6. The software installation will take a few seconds.
7. The installer script gets executed.
8. Enter the information when prompted.
9. The installation is complete as soon as the installer script has finished.
10. Verify the relevant Dbvisit Component services have started. The following video takes you step by step through the process to Install Standby™️ v9 on Windows.
After viewing the video, I am sure you’ll agree with me that Installing Standby™️ v9 on Windows is really quick and easy. I can’t emphasize enough how crucial it is to ensure all prerequisites are met. This will prevent unnecessary frustration and make your experience with the Standby™️ so much more enjoyable.